The STEAMonEdu project aims to increase the adoption and impact of STE(A)M education by investing in the community of stakeholders and the professional development of educators.
The approach of the project is to nominate educators as the pillars of implementation of STE(A)M education policies and support their professional development either by blended training or by their participation in a community of stakeholders. The exchange of experience, collaboration and creative work of this community will be supported by online peer learning and crowdsourcing platform.
As a result of research and creative techniques that will be instrumental among the members of the community, the STE(A)M education framework will be produced, which will include competences, policies, methodologies, educational objects, etc.
These findings will be used to design the training curriculum for STE(A)M educators and the MOOC “Professional development of STE(A)M educators”. The training itself will consist of two stages: at first the MOOC will be available to everyone interested in the topic, and 500 people are expected to enroll. Then 50 MOOC graduates will be selected for the next stage, that will contain online training activities and will lead to production of learning activities templates, STE(A)M education projects and policies.
The project will adopt a bottom-up participatory approach to deliver:
- An online community of educators that will collect good practices and collaboratively develop STE(A)M education policies,
- A STE(A)M education framework, including STE(A)M body of knowledge, template curricula and learning activities, with a focus on diversity issues
- The STE(A)M competence framework , which will detail the competences necessary to design and implement STE(A)M education activities (STEAMComp will specialize Digital Competence Framework for Educators – DigCompEdu with STE(A)M-specific competences)
- The STE(A)M educator profile, that will be designed on the principles of ESCO (European multilingual classification of Skills, Competences, Qualifications and Occupations)
- A blended course delivered via the online platform and using on its content (OERs), including a MOOC targeting STE(A)M educators.
- Guide of STE(A)M educational practices
- Guide on STE(A)M Education policies
- The STE(A)M policy influencer toolkit
- Guide for STE(A)M education policy makers (Policy recommendations)
- A STE(A)M readiness self-assessment online tool for educational organisations that implement STE(A)M education policies, that will implement or expand SELFIE.